Congratulations to this year’s Spectra winners, Lily Spoozak from CCH and Matthew Mason from Laurier. Each winner will receive a $1000 bursary. The Spectra award winners exemplify the following characteristics: Sportsmanship, Participation, Excellence, Character, Teamwork, Respect and Achievement. Both Lily and Matthew are role models in their schools through academics, athletics and contribution to their community. Read below to learn a little more about these amazing student-athletes.
Lily Spoozak is a grade 12 student at Catholic Central High School. She has been highly involved with athletics at CCH, playing 4 sports at a competitive level each year.
- track and field WOSSAA and OFSAA medalist
- badminton, volleyball and cross country team
Lily is a high caliber student, with a current overall average of 98.5%. She has finished with the top average in her grade each year, earning the Honour Society Gold Medal (9, 11), and Silver Medal (10). She has won the following subject awards over the last 3 years throughout grades 9, 10, and 11. She is also part of the International Baccalaureate Programme and has received the Canadian Intermediate Mathematics Certificate of Distinction.
- OFSAA Cross Country 2019 Senior Boys Champion
- 5x WOSSAA Champion, 7x TVRA champion between Cross Country and Track and Field
- Competed on the school Swim team for 2 years, and the Hockey team for 2 years
- Lead London Western Track and Field Club to a national championship at the ACXC championships (Athletics Canada Cross Country championships)
- Academic Honours throughout all 3 years of high school completed so far
- Attending Boston University for Finance/Economics next year